Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm back...

Been a while since I've been on here. There are a lot of reasons for that. The main one being I wanted to get my house in order, so to speak, before going back at this. There was a lot going on and I couldn't focus and what have you on the eight or nine things already going on on top of the book I was trying to sell. So, I let it go by the wayside and got my shit together.

But now I'm back and I am ready to get back to work. There are some changes for my book Coercion and some general changes for how it'll be sold.

First and most obvious: It has a much more visually appealing cover now. That was another reason for the delay, but I am quite pleased with the results.



Second and equally important: The book will only be available on Kindle. It has the biggest market and the most friendly towards writers. It will be available through KDP select, as well, because I like what they have going on. While I am apprehensive about some of the limitations, the pluses, I believe, outweigh the minuses. Things may change, but for the moment that's where I'm at. The book's price will be $2.99 USD.

As for the future, I haven't the foggiest what it will bring. I'm about 100 pages into a book right now, but I don't want to say anything because I have a tendency to jinx it. All I will say is that it takes place in the Oak Villa universe, some of the characters in Coercion (though not many) will be making a return in some form or another, and that it takes some ideas from aborted cuts I've been trying for a second book. When they say a second book is tougher than your first, they ain't kidding. This isn't the second book I've ever written, but as the second published book I do feel the same weight and expectations to do even better than the first time.

The actual re-release of the book will be in a couple of days. I made a couple of minor continuity adjustments (names, that sort of thing) and updated some of the first page info.

Stay frosty and stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment